Monday, September 2, 2013

Scrappy Creations

 

Black & White Scrappy Bag

This  little  bag is  made  like the  scrap blocks and the  table  runners  I did -its  not  finished - I have  it almost done -pins  hold  the  lace,pocket and  zipper in place waiting  for the  finish.
 
 

Quilted Cosmetic  Bag

I love the  browns and blacks in this  double  sided  quilted fabric...I made  bags  from this  several years  ago and  I found some  left overs  in my scraps...it too awaits its  finish.
 
 
 

Coffee  Mug Rug

I  must be  in a  dark mood  with all this dark fabric...it's  really some  of my favorite colors....I think the  dark is  rich and  warm  &  Inviting.This  little rug  needs  quilted and the  binding  put  around  it - I am  working  on my mitred  corners.
 
 
 

Pin Cushion

 
He's  finished !! I make  at least one  pin  cushion a  week !! Love the  pin  cushions....these  are  pre cut squares  from  "Jubliee" fabrics...home spun  fabric and  fat quarters  for rag  quilts or whatever  suits  your  fancy.I  have  a  whole  stack of these  in my favorite green,blues and  reds.
 
 
 
 

Christmas Scrappy Blocks

 
 
More  Christmas  blocks  that  need to be  trimmed and  squared up - most likely  these  will be  for pillows....I was  crying  over the  little Christmas  dog  print  and  low and  behold  I found  a  whole  uncut yard....a  very happy sewer here  !!
 

Lemons Mug Rug or Candle Rug

 
 
Another  little  rug/mat - all pinned and  ready to sew - the  backing  will be the trim and  again working on the  mitred  corners and  using  my walking  foot  for these  jobs...no bunnching or wrinkles....it's  nice when  things  start  to look better !!
 

Labor  Day

 
It's  been another  long week end...very hot here  in Texas ,I have  been  working on projects and  cutting  some  strips  for binding and trim for my Chrsitmas  Tree  Blocks...also another scrappy  runner- I keep coming up with these  ideas....will show  you that  one  as  soon as  I have it  underway....no mail  today ,that  means my charm packs and  my 10" square  ruler  is out there somewhere  in the  land of possible "lost packages"Happy Labor Day!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment